Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 September 2020

Longest Ride since 2014 with Jase W



 Yesterday was August (2020) Bank Holiday Monday. AS the weather was ok(ish) I had arranged to gran a ride with long-standing Tri buddy Jase Walkley. If you scroll back a few years, Jase and myself have managed to meet up every now and then for great rides. We rode some sportifs together too and even raced together at the 2008 World Ling Course Champs in Almere - I won't mention the 2011 Almere Ironman meltdown that we did together. . . .Doh, I mentioned it! Not forgetting the many TTs that we raced also.

Anyway, Jase has become an Ironmen legend in his own lifetime, with numerous low 9 hour IM finishes. And last year he rode a crazy 3:47 100 mile TT! But this year he has suffered from a heart condition that necessitated surgery. I think he will get back to full fitness, but I am no Doctor. He has been slowly bringing training back into his life and our ride was the next step in his recovery. We ended up riding around 130k! He looked strong too; his years of conditioning obviously helping his recovery. I look forward to some Zwift meet ups during the winter and seeing Jase race at the highest level again in 2021. Pop

P

The ride was very enjoyable and the weather was nice too. That was my longest ride since I can remember. . . . probably my longest since 2014 when I races the Outlaw and rode a 100 mile TT. I felt good too but was tired after I stopped turning the cranks. All my Zwifting has really got me in shape. Now I need to regroup and focus on conditioning to get rid of this injury niggle to enable a peak in April 21 at the London Duathlon. To build properly I will need to be sensible and not get sucked into racing too many Zwift events at max intensity!

No comments: