Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 May 2020

Race Season is Here. . But not Really 🥺🥴

Yes we are approaching mid-May and the race season would normally be cranking up now. Of course everything is not normal. In fact the latest news is stating that we will never be back to normal - we will be creating a new normal 😮. What does this mean for racing and sports events in general? The answer is still ‘nobody knows’. The cycling Grand Tours seem to be clinging to life, with plans to hold all 3 tours between end of August and November. I’m nit sure this will be possible but it would be good to see some racing within the new normal. I am also clinging on to participating in a race this year - just one will do me! The London Duathlon is one of the few events not yet cancelled. If it is cancelled I think my morale will take a hit. I’m in ok shape now and feel that I can target this race to do well. In fact, this lockdown has actually really helped my training. I am getting far more training completed and getting better recovery. Add to this the addition of my smart turbo trainer that allows me to link to Zwift and training is the most productive and consistent that it’s been since leaving the RAF. The virtual TT series continues and I’ve had another FTP increase to 265W I’m continuing with the 12 week ftp build routine and really enjoying it. My problem now is to stop over training!
I’m running ok too and ran a 19:20 5k off the bike TT this week - though it hurt! Now I’m focusing on building run volume and strength for a couple of months. I’ll aim to throw in the odd short effort run but endurance is king until July. Onwards and upwards.

No comments: