Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 November 2009

Training Stagnation

I would like to say that training is moving along nicely. . . but it aint! The physio had been working well and my glute/hamstring injury was making progress. You will notice the past tense there! To cut a boring story short, there are med centre refurbishments and over-booked physios so appointments are cancelled until further notice. I find this most strange and very frustrating. I now have a bug that has stopped me cycling and swimming too! Oh well, many people have worse ailments, so I had best stop whinging!

The cross country season has started and the first Lincs league XC race was last Wed. Needless to say, I couldn’t do it. 2 x 20 min easy runs per week are my limit currently.

My move to Bristol may be happening early now. I have a house allocated and I have become a training pest to Frank Whittle. I am sure that he will deny even knowing me by the time I arrive banging on his desk for him to come out training!

Thinking ahead to July 10, my trip to the French Alps is confirmed. I think it may clash with the Inter-Services Tri Champs but we’ll have to wait and see about that. I am thinking of hitching a trailer to my van for the trip. Just think of all the luggage and bikes you could get in this:

No comments: