Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 July 2024

Resetting - 5K Fitness Baseline Race

 Hello folks. It’s now 4 weeks since the European Duathlon Champs and I’ve been resetting by reducing the intensity and bringing back a strength focus by having a mini strength build. It’s been quite successful - I think! It feels like I’ve had permanent aching legs. Last Sunday I decided to baseline my run fitness by racing at the Port Vale 5k. I raced this event last year under similar circumstances - reset after peaking. I clocked 18:39 on the lumpy twisty course. I had no idea what was possible this year 

I certainly did not expect to run faster - slower was expected. So to clock 18:05 was a bit of a shock. I don’t feel great; the legs still heavy with a mild fatigue feeling. But I guess I was running fast regardless. The course was changed slightly and I did wonder if the course was a bit short - but not by much if at all. So even if it was short I reckon I still ran faster than last year. Happy days. 

7th overall. An age group win and a time close to sub-18 min. Game on then! Some further 5k races planned and attempt to break 18 min when I turn the big six zero on 2 September 😮😵‍💫🫡












No comments: