Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 December 2022

2023 Approaching

It’s 31 December 2022. Another year ticked off. Not a great year of racing or performance really. COVID really did mess up my main goals. But let’s park the old and look forward. My winter training has been going well, focusing on strength to May a better foundation for racing in the summer. I’ve put together a decent 4 months of strength, cycling and running endurance. January will be upping the strength for bike and run to try and convert my gym work into specific activities. Then, in February, I aim to start track running and build some intensity into the bike too. The main goal is the Darley Moor Sprint   Duathlon on 28 May 22. This is a 2024 European Qualifier. And I’ll be shooting for a slit in the 60-64 age group! Sounds very old but that’s the fact - 2023 will be my last year in the 55-59 AG. 

I also want to test the run speed at 5 and 10k. It will be interesting to see if the strength work in the gym can turn the clock back a year or two! The Clayton 10k is a goal again. I ran 39:24 last May. Can I dip Uber 39 min in 2023?  As for the 5k I think I’ll test the speed at the local parkrun on The Wammy. But there is an option to try the Trentham parkrun too. This is a new course but not sure how fast it is. 

After May I am thinking of switching to a bike focus to aim for some 50 mile TTs down in Cambridge. I would prefer the local A50 TT course but the events seem to be drying up on this course.

Anyway, all looking ok at the moment. I need to stay healthy to hit any of these goals. So keeping injury at bay will be key. 

No comments: