Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 September 2021

Zwift Race League e-race Team! and Bike Tinkering


Some bike tinkering whilst I recover from the latest Zwift beasing encompassed adding bar tape to the single speed. I have been holding back doing this for. . . .well. . . 4 years. I kind of liked the basic white rubber grip that came with the bike in 2016. But I was not liking the mould that had formed on the grips over time!

Before with white grips, vintage KSA compound cruncher:


After with matching blue bar tape:




So after the 100 mile TT I have finally recovered. I have decent legs coming out of the build and race effort so I have taken the plunge and joined an e-race team to race the official Zwift Racing League Season 4! I will race for Socks4Watts, with the first event a TTT on 28 Sep 21. I am motivated for this and have tested the legs in a couple of shorter races. I held some good power numbers but lost out on the race podiums due to my poor sprinting ability. I need hillier courses!  



Race report to follow!




No comments: