Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 1 February 2020

Injury Monster Visits😟

After my last positive post things have taken a turn for the worse. The injury monster has visited. I have 2 issues - though these issues may actually be related. I have a pain that just appeared in my left sit bone region that has made cycling rather painful. I’ve backed off the long rides, for obvious reasons but maintained consistency as best I can on the turbo and rollers. No idea what has caused this or whether it is bone or soft tissue. I’m actually hitting some decent power numbers. Staying in an aero position helps so at least I’m getting a good length of time in the aero position. Linked to this sit bone problem is the return of an old injury niggle - glute/hamstring insert pain. I’m kind of kicking myself for not maintaining the prehab routine. So it’s back to glute hamstring rehabilitation again. I decided not to race the Manchester Duathlon the other week due to these problems 😖. I’ve eased up on the track sessions also and rested more this week. So actually feeling a bit better at the moment. So I’m almost ready to race tomorrow at the Alsager 5! I’m grabbing a bike ride there and a spin back. So a tasty session in total. I’m just not sure how hard to push on the run. I’m feeling old and slow and know I cannot run constant sub-6 min miles anymore. All this has lead me to reflect on previous races. A 25:24 for 5 miles back in the late 80s. How was that possible?! I’d be stoked to run sub-30 min now. More realistically, a 31 min clocking is possible. But I’m struggling to accept this slowing due to age 😢. Oh well. The focus has to be staying healthy, rehab/prehab, strength, and focus on the main goals. I’ve entered the London Duathlon long distance now and I also want to have a shot at the National Duathlon Champs in April. Until next time . Z z z

No comments: