Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 June 2015

Status Report - Not So Good

The 2015 Tri season is slipping away. As May 15 approached I was experiencing some good sessions over swim bike and run. Then BOOM! I had to return to the UK on compassionate leave. As normal I will not detail the circumstances of domestic aspects that impact training and racing; but safe to say that stress levels have been sky high and training all but dried up - unavoidable but frustrating too. So yet again it is time to regroup and build into some training. But I need a goal! Challenge Bahrain (half distance) was always planned to be the main goal of the season as it was scheduled to be in Dec 15. I would surely have time to prepare properly. The last few weeks have made me rethink that theory! But Challenge Bahrain has now opened for entries and I am in! The race will be held on 20 Nov 15. The start is around 1530 and the aim is to have an evening race with floodlit bike and run! That sounds like fun and this plot actually makes that logistics of racing far easier - registration and bike check-in become a leisurely task, rather than the normal stupid o'clock race morning chore. So what are my expectations? Well I have raced many half distance triathlons and I feel like I know what I should be capable. Sub 4:30 is the goal. If all goes well around 4:25 should be doable. I will be trying a few different things in training to prepare for this race. Firstly, I will be using power levels on the bike for training and racing. Previously, I have just used 'feel', with no gadgets whatsoever. There will be a major focus on swimming because I have such good access to pools here. Running has been in a good place all year (not quite sure how or why!); so the plan is to capitalise on this stance and shoot for the most efficient bike split ever (using power as a guide on race day) and unleash a killer run! This year has been so chaotic so far. If I can get 5 months of relative stability all should be good. If more events interrupt training significantly it could all go horribly wrong. I am not too happy about the lack of racing here. There are a couple of shorter races )Du and Tri) near Riyadh in Aug and Sep but nothing else to test the form. I will just have to be focussed on an even paced race come 20 November 15.

No comments: