Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 16 November 2014

Winter Training

Since September, when I carried some very good form out of The Outlaw, trianing took a dip as I was deployed on exercise for 2 weeks. So it was time to regroup. So the focus through October has been starting overall strength and conditioning. Then building on that start through November. To be honest cycling and running with tired and achy legs has been quite tough. But I am getting stronger. Last Thursday I flipped my normal strength session by completing some run efforts prior to the gym work. Normally I include running within the strength work as gas feet treadmill or 2 mile run efforts outside. This time I completed 2 x 2 mile tempo runs with 3 mins recovery. I hit 12:07 for each rep, both with a negative split. With no speed work at all I am quite happy with those times. Then I completed my strength work and ran another 2 miles with wobbly legs in 12:45. A long run today felt ok, although my legs were still aching from Friday. So the running seems to be going well. With a cross country race at Cosford on 26 Nov, I hope to go full effort for the first time in a while. Cycling is going ok but no real distance or efforts. But I do kick in with some fartleck commutes to and from work. I will wait until I get to Saudi before really hitting the swimming big time!

No comments: