Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 October 2014

Drifting Along

Well the final event last weekend has come and gone - The Tour 100 Ride, based on the Staffs Moorlands Tour of Britain stages. This means loads of hills. Actually, for me, it was The Tour 47 Ride 8-( Disaster struck at 47 miles when my rear mech hanger and chain both snapped! What happened I am not quite sure. There was a clunk and then everything flat apart. I was riding steady on the flat so I can't blame my immense power output for the failure. The day started cold but bright and dry. Along with Mat, Reg and an Army pal of Reg`s we were doing ok. But at barely half way I have to say that I was not feeling great. The truth is I suppose that I was not in shape to hammier round 100 hilly miles. The others did well to complete the ride off limited training. As luck would have it I was only 3 miles from home so with my new scooter I bimbled home rather Fed up. It really feels like I have been drifting along with training and that never feels good. After recovering well from The Outlaw I had 2 weeks away on exercise playing soldiers. Then I became ill for 2 weeks. Then recovered and crammed some late pointless riding to try and get some form for the tour 47. And now it is mid October and I am wondering what to do. I fly to Saudi with my family in Jan 15. Then it is settle in time and see what 2015 racing can be done. So the immediate issue is what to do between now and Jan 15. I want to build up some strength work in the gym in order to keep injury at bay. Plus tick over cycling and running. Swimming will have to wait until Saudi where I will have unlimited pool access. All this sounds ok. But why do I feel unhappy with that? I think I need a goal. Last year I had the Outlaw and some key races along the way. I won't have any of that. It is strangely unsettling.

No comments: