Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 January 2013

2013 Training Well

2013 is here! That means that the duathlon races are just around the corner! Eek!! I have completed some decent sessions since New Year. And, unusually for me, I have started to record my training! I suppose the driver for this was the continued use of the tacx turbo. I needed a session to measure progress. So I have devised a brick session based on 2 x 5 min bike efforts and 2 x 1 momentum efforts. The format works well as there is emphasis on riding hard after running hard, as well as running off the bike. I also got my longest ride since I can remember, with 3 1/2 hrs cycling in the Peak District.There are no easy rides around these parts - it`s just too hilly to spin easy! Back to work soon Monday. Let`s see how training goes with the crazy work season. It`s going to be busy!

No comments: