Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 27 December 2012

Intensity

It`s nearly 2013. In my book that means I need to up the intensity of training to stand a chance of getting into any kind of decent shape for the early season duathlons. I managed to get a few good sessions in whilst at work, before the Christmas break. Now that I am on holiday it feels harder to get training sessions completed. The last 2 nights I have trained at beyond midnight! What I really need are races. I may get a cross country race in on 9 Jan but after that I am on a course with work for 3 weeks. Getting decent training completed could be difficult during this period - not great timing. Training has been going ok really; at least I am not feeling like an injured freak any more! I am really enjoying the tacx flow turbo trainer and it feels like I am getting some great bike/run sessions done. The latest creation seems very useful: Warm up on the turbo. Then continue on the turbo with a gradual increase of power at 2 min intervals - 180W, 200W, 180W, 220W, 200W, 240W, 220W, 260W, 240W, 280W. Then go run 4 x 1k on 4:30. Then get back on the turbo and start at the power that you finished at previously but work in reverse (harder to easier). Build as many of these bike/run bricks as you like. It works great for running off the bike and for riding off the run! Enjoy.

No comments: