Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Limping Between Sessions

As much as I want to string some decent training sessions together, I seem to be limping between sessions lately! very frustrating but this seems to have been the pattern for me for the last few years now.

I managed to race at Scampton in the Lincs Services Cross Country League last Wednesday. However, arriving at the venue with 5 mins until the start was not great prep - plus I was desperate to visit the gents when we arrived in the middle of nowhere for the race! I made the start line but never really felt that good. mu stomacj was churning the entire race. I bagged 6th place but I think that was more due to absent racers etc. The more serious result was that a niggle in foot/leg became aggravated after the race and I have done little training since.

I attempted a track session last night of 12 x 400m. Running on an even surface with no tight changes of direction is far better for the injury. I had to ditch the session after the 10th rep due to the extremely frosty and slippery track sending my hamstrings into spasm. The foot/leg held up (not great but manageable) but the effect of changing my run mechanics due to the slippery surface has played havoc with my legs! That said, I enjoyed the session as I love track running. It feels like I am back to the 'good old days' of the 80s when I was racing amongst some very swift RAF runners. Check this result that i lifted off the RAF Athletics website from 1985! You may need to click on the pic and enlarge to see the results

making the final in those days was an achievement! If only I could get any where near that sort of time now! I can but try!

No comments: