Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 November 2011

Track Session Pain


I went training with the local athletics club recently. Oh man! I had forgotten just how hard speed work is! After focussing on longer triathlons for a while and the years taking their toll on my creaky bones I found this track work very uncomfortable! So much so that my legs complained vigorously and detached themselves from my feet so they didn't have to endure the pain any longer!

Further to this, most of the other guys running were about 30 years younger than myself. Time will tell whether this speed work pays off. I just have not got the time to complete the distance training so my thnking is to focus on shorter races; hence the need for speed - relative speed!

We did 10 x 300m with 2 min recovery. I was please in one way, inthat I maintained the pace throughout the set, hitting consistent time between 53 - 54 seconds (jogging pace for fast guys!). I sort of hit terminal velocity within 20 metres and just hung on. Whether I can actually increase the pace over shorter distances is questionable. but a resulting increase in speed over longer distances than 300m is the aim!

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

sounds too much like hard work mate!!! middle distance is where it's at in 2012

Sags said...

I agtee mate; I love the half distance . But my Det will prevent most races next year. Not even sure what I am training for!