Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Regrouping!

The weather played its part again on Sunday. No club ride for me. It was just too icy. So, I banished myself into my garage and jumped on the turbo. I only completed an hour and a half but it was a decent session:

3 mins @ 13mph
3 mins @ 15mph
3 mins @ 17mph
3 mins @ 19mph
3 mins @ 21mph
3 mins @ 23mph
3 mins @ 25mph
3 mins @ 23mph
3 mins @ 21mph
3 mins @ 19mph
3 mins @ 17mph
3 mins @ 15mph
3 mins @ 13mph

Repeat. Then 2 x 3 mins tabata intervals @ 30mph

Warm down.

Anything above 20mph has to be completed on the tribars. It was a nice change from the club run actually. After my last post, I have received some sound advice from Neill and Turbo Man. I was getting too hung up on power numbers. I will carry on with my longer efforts but leave the real top end power stuff for end of March. I almost binned my conditioning sessions but I have decided that I must continue with the Squats/tabata/treadmill fast feet routine for 2 more months. THe session yesterday felt good, with squats well above body weight and tabata intervals not quite maxing out. Treadmill was at 17kph for 5 mins on each circuit.

Swimming is still very technique based but I continue to build on more full stroke swimming but taking it slowly rather than thinking I can just swim fast with a new stroke straight away. I have a session with Ian at Swim Shack on 20 Feb. . . I need it too! It is frustrating to see Nige and Paul Fullalove streaking up and down the pool whilst I bob up and down! I am thinking of completing a 400m time trial to see where I am at. However, is this wise? I am slightly worried that I may clock such a bad time that my confidence would be dented. Anything over 6:20 would be seen as very bad.

Oh well. Time to go and run an easy 10k and jump on my turbo. I am away with work all day tomorrow, so no training. Best I hurt myself to justify the day off. There will be no training but lots of travelling. This always makes me feel tired. . . whinge. . . whinge! Turning into a moaning old man!!

6 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

Thought I was the one who told you not to get hung up on numbers, feeling unwanted and lost now!!! Wouldn't do a swim tt just yet mate as you may feel down if you don't hit your target times.

Daz Sharpe said...

and what do you mean turning into a whinging old man! thought you were there already!

in2triathlon said...

I remember your swim times being none to shabby so I would hold off until after the swim shack visit. With a coaching head on, SwimshackIan will probably tell you to do 1/3rd tech, 2/3rd trg afterward anyway and then it game on for the season.

I'll try to send a turbo/road session most weeks to keep you going mate.

Oh yeh, what's this with 2 tabatas in a session. Me thinks you're not going hard enough in the 1st one. HTFU :-)

Turbo Man said...

He's messing with your head Daz, he knows that Neill and I aren't his competitors whereas anything he can do to upset your equilibrium before the race season starts is fair game. Ignore him, go back to your turbo and pump out 6 x 3 mins at 450 watts and then shout "THAT'S FOR YOU, SAGS!"

in2triathlon said...

That sounds kind of pervy Turbo! Your mind is a very strange place and speak for yourself my main rivals are Macca and Normann. You can eat my dust and that's just in the pool!

Sags said...

Oh how I laughed! Nice advise Daz and neill! Didn't mean to miss you out young Daz! I am now returning to all rides at a max HR of 130bpm. It's aerobic time. Now i am off to get ready for the 25 mile TT on sunday - ridden at 130bpm of course!