Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. πŸ€• 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 August 2023

Tracktastic πŸƒ‍♂️😎

Hello everyone - me πŸ₯Έ. Last night I attended the NTC track session of the classic 10 x 400m with 90 seconds RI. 



I had completed a couple of track sessions with Newcastle AC and another interval session on the road. So gradually, the speed conditioning seems to be kicking in. Add to this the 18:15 parkrun 5k effort and I’ve had a decent period of training. 

Even so, I didn’t expect the 400 reps last night to be quite so fast - I mean fast for an oldie like meπŸ₯Έ. First rep was 1:18 and I thought it was too fast as I do like to ease into these speed sessions. But I gradually realised that I could sustain this pace and event sneak some more speed in during the last 4 reps. 


 Wet happy with this session and makes me think a sub-18 min 5k may be possible. Time will tell but the last time I ran 400s at this pace was way back when I lived in Cambridgeshire training with St Ives AC. That must be 15 years ago! 

Onwards and upwards 



No comments: